Hello everyone ,
Here we are on week 8 of the # IrishBlogCollab & todays post is Tips on, well what ever you are interested in or passionate about or qualified at !
So I recently Qualified as a ” MUA” , Make-up Artist .
I did my training with La Beaute Makeup Studio & Training Centre Cobh Co.Cork.
I began with Professional Makeup Training
Covering topics such as ,
* Client preparation
*Creating your canvas
*Eye makeup techniques
*Tools of the trade
*Kit building and presenting yourself as a Makeup Artist
Bridal, Black Tie & Party Makeup looks.
I did a practical exam at the end of my training and received my certificate.
Next up I did an Eye Makeup Masterclass & having completed my exams successfully received my Certificate .
HERE ARE MY TOP TEN TIPS :
- Tools of the trade ,” Brushes”, please invest in decent make up brushes they make a huge difference when applying your foundation , eyeshadow,blush & highlighter.
- Foundation finding the perfect one to match your face , do not test on your hand it is not the same colour as your face try foundation on your jaw line for a perfect match.Or ask at the beauty counter don’t be afraid to ask and do not feel obliged to buy something it’s their job and they’re probably glad of the chat !
- Always prepare your canvas cleanse , tone, moisturise and apply primer if you like its like painting a wall you wouldn’t paint your sitting room without the proper pre now would you filling, sanding etc .
- Never ever sleep in your makeup a pet hate of mine it’s so bad for your skin on so many levels and your pillow case wont appreciate it either .
- Concealer always buy it in a shade or two lighter than your foundation & apply it in a triangle shape underneath your eye & blend blend blend !
- If you go too heavy-handed with your eyeshadow trying to create a smokey eye look don’t panic & please do not remove just use a little concealer and sweep up at an angle from the outer corner of your eye to the outer corner of your eyebrow simple .
- Use lipliner not just on the outer edge but all over your lips it makes your lipstick last much longer .
- Smile when applying your blush might sound silly but smiling will make the apples of your cheeks pop & you will now exactly where to put your blush . Only the apples do not drag the brush back along the face .
- Brows ,fill in, brush on your eyebrows it makes a HUGE difference to the whole look
You don’t have too spent a fortune to create a fabulous make up look.
It was so difficult to pick ten there’s lots of hints & tips I could go on all day talking makeup and certain looks and products etc but it would be the longest post of all time then so before I go another thing I am a stickler for is doing something right and if you have a mobile MUA call to you make sure they have Public Liability Insurance in case God forbid you get stabbed in the eye by an eyeliner brush & end up in A&E so please ask for peace of mind !
If they are professional & treat their business as such then they will have now quam about you asking !
Until next time ,
My Beautiful Things.
Any questions or advice needed please contact me by email or my Facebook pg Beautiful Things !
Check out the wonderful blogs below to discover what they are experts on: